Kings vs Penguins Game 54: Lines, Notes & How to Watch
It’s Dustin Brown night in Los Angeles!
It's Dustin Brown night in Los Angeles!
Saturday night, the Los Angeles Kings will be retiring Brown's number 23 and unveiling a statue of the former captain outside of Cypto.com Arena. Before they take on the Pittsburg Penguins.
Puck drops at 7:38 PM, but be in your seat or tuned in at 6:00 PM to catch the ceremonies planned for Brown.
On the ice, this is the Kings' first game since their Jan. 31 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes before the All-Star Break.
Both Trevor Moore and Arthur Kaliyev are expected to play. Both were full participants in morning skate and were activated off the injured reserve list.
The Kings will be hoping to avoid a slow start after a long break.
"Bring it," said Todd McLellan when asked about how to avoid being sluggish. "Everybody has to play their first game coming out of the break, ours is now, bring it."
Expected LA Kings Lines:
Quinton Byfield-Anze Kopitar-Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore-Phil Danault-Viktor Arvidsson
Kevin Fiala-Blake Lizotte-Alex Iafallo
Jaret Anderson-Dolan-Rasmus Kupari-Arthur Kaliyev
Mikey Anderson-Drew Doughty
Sean Durzi-Matt Roy
Alex Edler-Sean Walker
Expected Pittsburg Penguins Lines Per PittsburgHockeyNow:
Jake Guentzel-Sidney Crosby-Ricard Rakell
Jason Zucker-Evgeni Malkin-Bryan Rust
Brock McGinn-Jeff Carter-Kasperi Kapanen
Ryan Poehling-Teddy Blueger-Josh Archibald
Marcus Pettersson-Jeff Petry
Brian Dumoulin-Mark Friedman
Pierre-Olivier Joseph-Chad Ruhwedel
Los Angeles Kings Power Play: 43 for 179, 24%, 9th in NHL
Los Angeles Kings Penalty Kill: 46 for 178, 74.2%, 27th in NHL
Pittsburg Penguins Power Play: 40 for 177, 22.6%, 15th in NHL
Pittsburg Penguins Penalty Kill: 31 for 165, 81.2%, 10th in NHL
Los Angeles Kings Pregame Notes:
- Following his two-point (0-2=2) effort on Jan. 31 vs. Carolina, Drew Doughty surpassed Rob Blake (111) for most multi-point games by a defenseman in franchise history.
- With a point tonight, Jaret Anderson-Dolan can extend his point streak (1-1=2) to a career-long three games.
- The Kings are 17-2-1 when leading after two periods of play this season.
- Matt Roy is one blocked shot away from tying his career-high of 103 previously set in the 2021-22 season through 67 games. Roy’s 102 blocked shots this season are fifth-most among Pacific Division skaters.
- Only Carolina (8) and Florida (4) have more shorthanded goals since Jan. 1, 2023 than the Kings (3).
How to Watch:
TV: Bally Sports West, ESPN+; Radio: iHeartRadio