Kings vs Oilers Game 4: Lines, Notes & How to Watch
Blake Lizotte skated after the main group in a red non-contact, he isn’t available tonight.
After another overtime win on Friday. The Los Angeles Kings have a chance to take a 3-1 series lead over the Edmonton Oilers Sunday night.
Puck drops at 6:00 PM.
Kevin Fiala was back on the ice for morning skate, still in a red non-contact jersey. Todd McLellan was non-committal when discussing Fiala's status for Sunday but did say he's progressing well. I'd assume Fiala isn't in tonight but is close to a return.
Blake Lizotte skated after the main group in a red non-contact, he isn't available tonight.
Per McLellan, the Kings haven't committed to their lineup yet. But Arthur Kaliyev was off the ice before Jaret Anderson-Dolan and Zack MacEwen, indicating a potential start for Kaliyev.
Joonas Korpisalo has been stellar through three games and will get the start again Sunday.
Los Angeles Kings Projected Lines:
Quinton Byfield-Anze Kopitar-Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore-Phil Danault-Viktor Arvidsson
Carl Grundstrom-Gabe Vilardi-Alex Iafallo
Jaret Anderson-Dolan-Rasmus Kupari-Arthur Kaliyev
Mikey Anderson-Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov -Matt Roy
Projected Edmonton Oilers Lines:
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins-Connor McDavid-Zach Hyman
Evander Kane-Leon Draisailt-Kailer Yamamoto
Klim Kostin-Nick Bjugstad-Warren Foegele
Ryan McLeod-Derek Ryan
Darnell Nurse-Cody Ceci
Mattias Ekholm-Evan Bouchard
Brett Kulak-Vincent Desharnais
Los Angeles Kings Power Play: 4-15, 26.7%, 6th in NHL
Los Angeles Kings Penalty Kill: 4-8, 50.00%, 16th in NHL
Edmonton Oilers Power Play: 4-8, 50.00%, 1st in NHL
Edmonton Oilers Penalty Kill: 11-15, 73.3%, 10th in NHL
Los Angeles Kings Pregame Notes:
- No Kings skater has recorded more hits this playoff series than Quinton Byfield (13).
- Alex Iafallo tallied his second goal of the series in Game 3 on Friday. Iafallo scored with 33 seconds remaining in the first period, marking the third Kings goal this postseason scored with under a minute to go in any period: Gabriel Vilardi: 19:16 of P2, April 19 at EDM; Anze Kopitar: 19:43 of P3 on April 17 at EDM.
- No goaltender has made more saves this postseason than Joonas Korpisalo (108).
- Drew Doughty assisted on Adrian Kempe’s game-tying second period goal in Game 3 for his 31st career home playoff point (1120=31), tying Tomas Sandstrom (13-18=31) for the fourth-most home playoff points in franchise history. Only Wayne Gretzky (1938=57), Luc Robitaille (22-26=48) and Anze Kopitar (11-23=34) have more home playoff points in franchise history.
- Per NHLPR, the Kings have claimed each of their first two victories of a postseason via comeback for the fifth time in franchise history after also doing so in 2010 (CQF vs. VAN), 1992 (DSF vs. EDM), 1982 (DSF vs. EDM) and 1969 (QF vs. Oakland Seals)
How to Watch:
TV: Bally Sports West, TBS; Radio: LA Kings iHeart Audio Network, Sports USA