Kings vs Islanders Game 68: Lines, Notes & How to Watch
Arthur Kaliyev will return to the lineup Tuesday.
After a sloppy game on Saturday, the Los Angeles Kings return to Crypto.com Arena to faceoff against the New York Islanders.
Puck drops at 7:30 PM.
The Kings beat the Islanders just over two weeks ago in New York, in a game that kickstarted a hot streak for Gabe Vilardi.
Including that game, Vilardi has five goals and two assists in eight games. And has taken on more of a playdriving role on his line with Alex Iafallo and Blake Lizotte.
Given the Kings' struggles on the power play, Arthur Kaliyev will return to the lineup Tuesday. He'll be the only change to the lineup planned. Meaning Jordan Spence will spend another game in the press box.
The goalie rotation will continue, Joonas Korpisalo will be between the pipes.
Expected Los Angeles Kings Lines:
Quinton Byfield-Anze Kopitar-Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore-Phil Danault-Viktor Arvidsson
Alex Iafallo-Blake Lizotte-Gabe Vilardi
Carl Grundstrom-Rasmus Kupari-Arthur Kaliyev
Mikey Anderson-Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov-Matt Roy
Alex Edler-Sean Walker
Expected New York Islanders Lines:
Anders Lee-Bo Horvat-Josh Bailey
Zach Parise-Brock Nelson-Kyle Palmieri
Hudson Fasching-Pierre Engval-Simon Holmstrom
Cal Clutterbuck-Casey Cizikas-Matt Martin
Adam Pelech-Scott Mayfield
Alexander Romanov-Ryan Pulock
Sebastian Aho-Noah Dobson
Los Angeles Kings Power Play: 54-226, 23.89%, 7th in NHL
Los Angeles Kings Penalty Kill: 55-226, 75.66%, 23rd in NHL
New York Islanders Power Play: 32-191, 16.75%, 28th in NHL
New York Islanders Penalty Kill: 33-195, 83.08%, 4th in NHL
Los Angeles Kings Pregame Notes:
- The Kings have won four of their last five games against the Islanders, including their last three consecutive.
- Per Natural Stat Trick, no defensive paring has a higher expected goals for per 60 minutes than Vladislav Gavrikov and Matt Roy’s 5.94 (min. ice time: 50 minutes).
- LA’s 32 home power-play goals this season are tied for fifth-most in the league with Pittsburgh.
- Quinton Byfield has two points (1-1=2) in three career games against the Islanders.
- Blake Lizotte’s 29 drawn penalties this season leads all Kings skaters.
How to Watch:
TV: Bally Sports West, ESPN+; Radio: iHeartRadio